What is SolusOS?
SolusOS is a Linux Distribution based on Debian Stable. It's an operating system for your computer, that provides the base system that allows you to do things like listen to music, browse the internet and create documents. It does so by being based on Debian, which is a GNU/Linux distribution
SolusOS uses the GNOME 2.30 Desktop Environment, providing you with a traditional desktop.
Why use SolusOS?
SolusOS inherits much of its stability from it's Debian Stable base. On top of that, we keep core user applications, such as Firefox, VLC, etc, up to date as much as we can. To ease the use of SolusOS many codecs are preinstalled allowing MP3 & DVD playback, Flash Player support. Please check whether you can use these codecs in your country before downloading SolusOS.
- Lightweight system. A 32-bit installation of SolusOS only uses around 130MB of RAM when idle
- Responsive. We make many optimisations to the underlying system and kernel to ensure it operates with minimal lag
- Ease of use. SolusOS includes support for a variety of hardware and multimedia formats
- Constant developments. We're always developing new software to keep the SolusOS experience as fresh and friendly as possible
- Future stability: We're already developing a replacement desktop to fit in with the ethos and behaviour of GNOME 2.3, to ensure the same (but improved) experience in future releases
- Stable. SolusOS Eveline is based on Debian Stable, ensuring you have no worries with system crashes and unexpected behaviour from new bugs
- Up to date. We use a combination of stability and new core user software like the web browser, firmware and drivers to maximise the SolusOS experience.
Can I run SolusOS?
Below is a list of system requirements for SolusOS. Please note that although SolusOS does not require a modern GPU to operate, if you wish to stream videos or
play games, etc, then you will naturally require a more modern GPU. A screen resolution of 1024x768 or 1336x1024 is generally recommended for SolusOS, as
smaller screens may have issues with browsing certain websites, etc.